Tulloch Wines

Tulloch Wines


The Tulloch story began in 1838 when James Tulloch arrived in Australia from his homeland of Scotland and settled in Camberwell.  James’ grandson, John Younie (J.Y.) Tulloch owned the Branxton General Store and accepted an unusual settlement for a debt – a 43 acre property in nearby Pokolbin. Tulloch took an immediate liking to the property and the five acres of neglected Shiraz vines it contained and undertook his first foray into viticulture and winemaking, eventually founding Tulloch Wines in 1895

By the 1920s J.Y. had established himself as the largest vigneron in the Hunter and began the tradition of quality and excellence that is now synonymous with the Tulloch name.

With Jay Tulloch now at its helm, one of the Hunter’s great winemaking names lives on.  Now with Jay’s youngest daughter, Christina, taking on the role of CEO. The Tulloch Verdelho and Pokolbin Dry Red label lead the charge in a portfolio of premium wines that draws on the ability to produce wine styles for all generations.